Head Basketball Coach Daimen Crump
Phone: (206) 592-4283
BA Sociology/Criminal Justice –
Masters in Coaching Education –
Over the past 21 years Daimen Crump has worked as a Youth Developmental Specialist, Youth Life Coach, Academic Advisor, and Basketball Coach. These roles, along with his experience playing basketball have aided with shaping his coaching and mentoring style. Coach Crump is dedicated to developing student-athletes so that they can excel in the classroom, on the court, as well as the broader community. His athlete-centered philosophy concentrates on building positive relationships, empowering players, and developing athletic and life skills.
“I believe it is important to teach athletes and young adults about self-empowerment. As a youth life coach I developed a tool that helps explain the process an individual needs to undertake in order to take charge of their life. I called this process, P.O.W.E.R. The goal of this model is to provide young people with steps to overcome hardships, build on success and taking full responsibility for his or her destiny.”
- 21 years of coaching experience (College, AAU, High School and Youth)
- 19 years coaching women’s basketball
- Coached two years abroad in Amsterdam, Netherlands leading team to the National Championship
- Won several tournament and league championship
- Trained and developed several players that have earned college scholarships
- Recognized by coaching peers and athletes for having an effective positive approach to coaching
- Washington State High School Leading Scorer, 30 ppg.
- Concordia College All-time leading scoring average 21 ppg.
- Awarded several honors as a player in high school and college
Highline College Alumni
Assistant Coach Sarah Quantz