Head Basketball Coach Daimen Crump
Phone: (206) 592-4283
BA Sociology/Criminal Justice –
Masters in Coaching Education –
Over the past 19 years Daimen Crump has worked as a Youth Developmental Specialist, Youth Life Coach, Academic Advisor, and Basketball Coach. These roles, along with his experience playing basketball have aided with shaping his coaching and mentoring style. Coach Crump is dedicated to developing student-athletes so that they can excel in the classroom, on the court, as well as the broader community. His athlete-centered philosophy concentrates on building positive relationships, empowering players, and developing athletic and life skills.
“I believe it is important to teach athletes and young adults about self-empowerment. As a youth life coach I developed a tool that helps explain the process an individual needs to undertake in order to take charge of their life. I called this process, P.O.W.E.R. The goal of this model is to provide young people with steps to overcome hardships, build on success and taking full responsibility for his or her destiny.”
- 19 years of coaching experience (College, AAU, High School and Youth)
- 17 years coaching women’s basketball
- Coached two years abroad in Amsterdam, Netherlands leading team to the National Championship
- Won several tournament and league championship
- Trained and developed several players that have earned college scholarships
- Recognized by coaching peers and athletes for having an effective positive approach to coaching
- Washington State High School Leading Scorer, 30 ppg.
- Concordia College All-time leading scoring average 21 ppg.
- Awarded several honors as a player in high school and college
Highline College Alumni
Women’s Assistant Basketball Coach Dani Carlman
Dani will be entering her 4rd year as an assistant coach at Highline.
Dani was a player at Highline from 2008-2011. After completing her AA at Highline, she transferred to Walla Walla University to finish her two years of eligibility and received a bachelor’s degree in Health promotion. After Walla Walla, she attended Washington State University where she completed her master’s degree in nutrition and exercise physiology.
As well as coaching, Dani works on campus as the intramural director and teaching various classes. Her course load includes basketball, volleyball, badminton/pickleball, weight training, first aid/CPR/AED and nutrition.
Women’s Assistant Basketball Coach Carol Howard
Dani will be entering her 1st year as an assistant coach at Highline.